The parents have the responsibility to teach disciplines to their children. The school or colleges can teach subjects and some morals but the parents are the first teacher for every kid. They should teach their kids about good behavior, disciplines, sharing, affection and etc. These are the important elements of life, which helps them to lead a good life with the society. The children who grow up without good disciplines will not be fit for the society. That’s why the parents need to teach the importance of obeying them. If the children are able to obey their parents then it would not be tough to obey their teachers or higher officials in future.
The consequence of Obedience:
Parenting is not a tough task to the parents, who teach the importance of obedience to their child. If a kid is listen to his father or mother’s advice or request and then there will not be any troubles. However, most of the toddlers are not aware about the importance or even the meaning of obeying. It is not their fault because they are too young to understand such behavior related aspects. It is possible to determine the child’s capable of doing things by commanding or requesting them to do some simple tasks. The parents should adjust their level of communication and delegation because treating a 5-10 year kid like a teen, will not seem to be good.
How to make your kids to obey you?
- The younger kids directly express that they don’t understand if you assign some big task. Some of the kids may show frustration or disappointment while commanding them to do some works. However, the parents should politely re-explain the task to their kid.
- Similarly, the parents should not demand them to do tough tasks. If they are not able to do something, then parents can give some choices. For example if a kid is not able to dust the TV, then parents can ask the kid to set the table.
- The children always love to be praised. So, the parents need to appreciate them for their small tasks and can consider some kind of reward system. For example if a kid sets a neat table, then his parents can reward him chocolate or toys.
- The parents can give some difficult tasks to their kids to check their capable. However, frequently assigning them to do even small tasks may irritate them.
- Some kids will start to cry if the parents start to yell or command them frequently. It is a bad thing because it may affect the kid mentally. So, the parents should handle such sensitive kids graciously.
At last, the parents should understand that the kids are not programmed robots to obey our commands. Their feeling will change based on their mood and forcing them to do some task in their bad mood will disappoint them. So, they should be treated in a lovely manner and parents should make them as good citizens to become successful.